Sunday 9 December 2012

Ladylike in lace?

It was party night tonight and after much humming and haaaing (seen here) I settled on the LBD as being not too dressy, not too casual and most significantly warm enough to survive a night in a yurt in a field in North Yorkshire in deepest December.

When I arrived I realised I needn't have panicked. A "party" dress code clearly covers everything from full-on ball gowns, through sequinned shorts and cocktail dresses to jeans and jumpers. To be honest the fires, dim lighting and dry ice added a foggy haze to the surroundings and probably after a few glasses of wine I could have taken to the dance floor in my Spanx and a push up bra and not a soul would have noticed!

Well, I was the lucky driver for the evening so no naked dancing was performed and I felt rather grown-up and ladylike in my lace dress, seamed stockings, red lips and platform-less heels.



Dress: D&G (old Ebay Purchase)
Shoes: Sergio Rossi (old EBay purchase...OK I can confess I have a bad EBay-late-night-bid-on-a-'bargain' habit) 


Tights: Pretty Polly seamed Glossies
I am quietly giggling at how my legs look like the ones in Tom and Jerry cartoons in this pic!!



There are loads of gorgeous black lace dresses around at the moment, I love these:

Kaliko

Jaeger



I'm now inspired to have a go at a very polished Dita-Von-Teese-ish look before Christmas, although I will definitely have to draft the DDs in to do those tricky eye-liner flicks, I had a rushed attempt this evening and eventually just admitted defeat, rubbed it into a smokey/smudgy look and hid behind my untrimmed fringe.


So, clearly some serious grooming work needed before I can channel the fabulous Dita!











1 comment:

  1. Oooh - I like the glossies. I wouldn't dare wear them myself as they are too sexy for me (I am so not sexy it's not real). I suffer from that late night Ebay affliction too.

    ReplyDelete