Wednesday 19 December 2012

Faux fur and jewels

I was checking out 'My Daily Style' on stylelovely.com, which is full of fabulously leggy young things looking unutterably gorgeous in everything. So, it can be inspiring but also profoundly depressing for women of a certain age! One of this week's posts featured faux furs, dressed down to look effortlessly casual but stylish with jeans. Now effortlessly casual is not something that comes easily to me, fortunately big DD was there to boss me around  guide me (and of course to lend me her Topshop speckled T-shirt, a fair swap for a loan of my Anglomania jersey dress over Christmas!)

So I wore my Zara jeans with a slouchy T-shirt and my Faux fur from Ark (24% off today with the code 24DAY) and channeling another picture from Emma Wornout's Pinterest board, I added some bling with a necklace from Accessorize. A very different look for me...but I kind of like it!



Style inspiration from stylelovely.com



Jeans: Zara
Boots: Kurt Geiger from Shoeaholics
Coat: Ark
Tshirt: Topshop (old)
Necklace: Accessorize (this season)








1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted a fur coat - every year I look and every year I fail ... though I have spotted a little jacket type one in Next which was more flattering than I anticipated and didn't make me look like a yeti which most of them do. I'm going to have a look on Ark now. By the way - you're a bad woman telling me about my Kooples boots ... the temptation is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete