Friday 7 December 2012

Caught red legged...

My tights drawer contains black opaques, thicker black opaques and black opaques with an industrially strong Spanx top and go-faster-wee-aperture (glamorous...moi?!?) I habitually skim past the glossy/lacy/fishnet lovelies and just chuck some more 60 deniers in my basket.

Well, not any more. I cunningly worked out that different stockings could change an outfit way more cheaply than splashing out on new clothes. So, after checking out some internet inspiration (see below) and with a rush of blood to the head at the hosiery counter I ended up buying burgundy and blue opaques, glossy seamed fifties-style stockings, fishnets and some spotty little numbers.

Milly show A/W 2012

Fab polka dot socks at crazystylelove




Seamed stockings blogged by RitaVonSqueeze




The thing is, all these fabulous tights are all very well in theory but in actuality when my little limbs were slipped into my burgundy opaques and topped with a little A-line skirt, it was...hellloooooo Chicken Licken!

Note to self, when experimenting with new fancy leg-wear, let yourself in gently by only exposing your ankles. I pulled on some trousers and my new tights were but a colour pop.

Next time I'll show a little more.

Maybe!

Stupidly high Burgundy brogues from Owntherunway.com 


Trousers: River Island (still stolen from DD!!)
Jumper:Uniqlo
Shoes: Shop the Runway
Burgundy opaques: Primark
Bag: New Look







1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea ... and I would be just the same, a little nervous of colour but I applaud your bravery for even putting them in your shopping basket. I have to confess - I hate wearing tights under trousers though. And I love your look here - those trousers are fab - glad to see you're hanging on to them.

    ReplyDelete