Tuesday 18 December 2012

Burgundy and blue



Bloggers from Schoolgatestyle to Avenue 57 have been looking fab in burgundy jeans this season. I've been hankering after a pair but with my colour phobia it's taken a little while to catch up with the trend.

While Christmas shopping I fell upon a pair of the Primark plum skinnies which I've been hunting for for weeks, in my size and at £9 I just stuffed them in my basket without even thinking. Mistake. if you're skinny hunting at Primark (and if you're not...you really should, lots of them are better than jeans several times the price) TRY THEM ON. Mine fit well but have an unbelievably irritating twisted seam so that it twines around my calf like some rampant ivy.

I wore mine with navy (what, no black?) Topshop pinstripe jacket, Tesco cashmere jumper and one of my favourite scarves, a tasselled All Saints number splodged with red, green, wine and blue. A darker look than some of my favourite bloggers...but then nothing new there!

Jeans: Primark
Wedges: Aldo
Navy jumper: Tesco
Jacket: Topshop (old)



Jacket:Topshop (old)




All Saints Scarf (old)

2 comments:

  1. Even your Topshop jacket has a touch of the Westwood about it. I really like this look and your legs look really loooong in those plum skinnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've styled them. They look great on you. Having worn mine lots, definitely think navy is best with burgundy. And as for trying anything on in Primark-that involves a whole additional level of commitment...lol. Avx

    ReplyDelete