Monday 17 December 2012

And the winner is...

No, not Sports Personality of the Year, although we did seem to be voting for ALL of the shortlisted candidates at Sickofmystylerut towers last night . I'm talking about the results of the really important contest of the last week: 'Do my legs look short in this?'

Finally the results are in...hold your breath for loud fanfare... and the winner is...dadadadaaaaaa...the straight-legged Replay jeans. Cue wild applause.

I'm just so very proud but this prize isn't just for me, I couldn't have done it without the help of a huge team Blah...blah...blah.

The absolute loser with precisely no votes, was the Gok skinnies worn with lace-up ankle boots that seemed to reduce my pins to stocky little stumps. But don't blame the jeans, oh no, it was the boots what done it guv! The Gok skinnies actually came in a close second place when coupled with my magic, leg lengthening YSL platform shoe-boots.

I think I learnt a few things through this experiment. Firstly that it's worth trying all cuts of trousers but if you're petite it's important to think about the footwear you choose. Also, it doesn't really matter if my legs look a bit stumpy sometimes. I mean, they are short. One of my favourite pics was of the red coat and cigarette pants and my legs look tiny in that. So what!






My Westwood jacket (seen here) worn exactly the same way and photographed from the same angle but with the skinnies and the straights. Do my legs look short in this?



No comments:

Post a Comment