Wednesday 5 December 2012

'allo 'allo


Very much a comedy french theme aujourd'hui, with a breton and a beret...all I needed was a string of onions and ooh la la!


Jeans: Zara (this season)
Shoe boots: KG from Shoeaholics
Breton: Zara (old but still available)
Coatigan: Monsoon (old)
Pearls: EBay


Beret: EBay
Snood: River Island (old)


It was by necessity a very hastily put together affaire. I actually spent much of today fretting about what on earth I am going to wear on Saturday to what I thought was a black-tie ball ( so could wear ancient vintage but lovely black velvet Vivienne Westwood corset and skirt) but have now discovered is a Moroccan themed extravaganza in a teepee with the dress code "party."

Cue major panic, palpitations and the usual I-have-nothing-to-wears.
What is appropriate for that? Do I need to be bright because it is Moroccan, or can I wear an old faithful LBD? Will everyone else be in sequinned hot pants (unlikely in Harrogate surely)?

My options are: 1) Wear the Westwood and to hell with the dress code. 2) Black lace fitted knee length cocktail dress by D&G 3) Vintage bright green strapless wiggle dress (but will I freeze my buns off in a tent?) 4) Sparkly sequin skirt with top ( not sure what top but surely I can find something) and of course 5) That perennial favourite, the last minute ill-advised panic buy.

I think I may put up the potentials and canvas opinions from all you style experts out in the Bloggosphere... any advice welcome!

Punishingly tight vintage green fifties dress

D &G dress, lovely and safe but will every other woman be in a dress like this?

Westwood corset (my 21st birthday pressie!) to wear with velvet midi, pencil skirt.

Sequin skirt...but obviously can't wear with the same top as that would break the rules of this bloody annoying
challenge.






No comments:

Post a Comment