Thursday 15 November 2012

Westwood ho!

I've come to realise that my wardrobe is weird. There are loads of grotty old tops and bootcut jeans that are frayed at the hem because my legs are too short.  Then, scattered like jewels are a few absurdly expensive items that I splurged on, when I really should have been investing in useful clothes that I can wear every day.

You see, I have a weakness for Vivienne Westwood, which really doesn't fit with my dull and predictable everyday style, or indeed my dull and predictable everyday life.

My Mum bought me a black velvet corset for my 21st birthday (I still wear it occasionally if I'm feeling particularly brazen) and I fell in love. Since then I've collected another half a dozen items that I discovered in sales, e-bay and the like. If I had limitless funds (slight pause here for wistful dreaming) I would be Helena Bonham Carter (but with higher shoes) in Viv every day. But I'm not, so I keep hunting!

Which brings me guiltily to today's purchase, this little beauty from The Outnet. Yes, I know this doesn't technically count as a small, cheap item to supplement my existing wardrobe. Fortunately, I've already prepared my excuses: It was a totally bargainous price, it is tartan (which, no doubt you'll remember is one of this season's BIG THINGS), it will go with everything (I may be stretching the truth just a teensy bit there), it is classic Westwood and I'll be able to wear it when I'm eighty... yadayadayada...so, do you think DH is going to fall for all that guff?



Anyway, I greedily unwrapped the package and put it straight on and... it is fab. You may hate it but I really love it. With a passion. In the spirit of experimentation I wore it with my black Gok jeans and lace-up ankle boots but my legs look absurdly short  and stumpy in the photo so I'm not sure that was a good idea.

Still, it's a good excuse to wear the jacket again with new jean and boot combinations, ahhh, happy days.
Jacket: Anglomania
Jeans: Gok at Sainsburys
Cami: Zara
Necklace: Ebay
Boots: LK Bennett (last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment